9 Reasons to Choose Battery-Powered Shades
Summer is upon us, and those hot days will inevitably bring skyrocketing electric bills. But who’s home all day to adjust the shades during the hottest parts of the afternoon? Motorized, battery-powered shades provide a simple solution, and if you choose the right ones—such as Lutron’s Sivoia QS Triathlon line—you’ll get a lots more reasons to love your new shades. Let us count the ways:
- Daylight control: With Lutron Sivoia QS Triathlon shades, you can control the amount of any sunlight coming through the windows in any room with the touch of a button.
- Truly remote control: These wireless, battery-powered shades can be controlled by one of two Lutron remotes—a larger remote for rooms with multiple windows and shades that requires coordinated controls, and a smaller remote for single shades. But you can also control your shades from your smartphone or tablet, making it simple to adjust shades when you’re away.
- Style: With roller or honeycomb options, as well as a variety of colors, texture and opacities, Lutron Sivoia QS Triathlon shades allow you to customize the light in your home as well as tailor each room’s style to your exact preferences.
- Cost savings: While Lutron Sivoia QS Triathlon shades are one of the most affordable options in motorized shades, they also come with another cost-saving benefit: your electric bills. By enabling you to limit the amount of sunlight that comes in through your windows, particularly during the hottest parts of the day, these shades allow you to lower your summer cooling bills. In the winter, you can let in as much light as you want, which will lower your heating bills. Sivoia QS Triathlon honeycomb shades also provide extra insulation with air pockets built into their fabric.
- Performance and beauty: It can be quite a shame to cover your windows, eliminating all of the light as well as the views, but sometimes glare makes it absolutely necessary. Sivoia QS Triathlon shades, with their wide variety of opacity, give you the power to eliminate glare, choose how much light comes into the room and even can allow you to see through the shades to that million dollar view.
- Privacy and peace. Everyone wants to enjoy sunlight and views without sacrificing their privacy, and Sivoia QS Triathlon shades allow you to do exactly that. The bathroom is a perfect example. Who doesn’t like a little extra light in the bathroom? But no one likes a bathroom window that exposes you to accidentally onlooking neighbors! Problem solved. You can also create instant peace and cool darkness with Sivoia QS Triathlon shades. The nursery is a great place for these shades, which will control light at temperature, while also providing quiet motion (don’t wake the baby!) and no cords for ultimate safety.
- Access. If you have hard-to-reach windows, battery-powered shades are the ideal solution. Using either your remote or mobile device, you can easily adjust your shades, no stepstool or ladder needed!
- Battery simplicity. Sivoia QS Triathlon shades use D cell alkaline batteries that will work for three to five years without needing battery replacement thanks to patent-pending power technology. That replacement, when it does become necessary, is also a simple, no-fuss process that doesn’t require removal of the shade.
- Reliability. When purchasing motorized shades, you want to work with the experts. What good, after all, are shades that won’t open or close? Lutron has been making automated shades and refining their technology for more than two decades, so you can count on them to deliver reliable performance for years to come.
To find out more about your motorized and batter-powered window shade options, call or come visit us at Jackson Hole AV.